... when Houston claimed a population of 140,000, some women realized that needs in the city could best be met through organizing their efforts. A few months later Mrs. Lucian R. Carroll invited 59 of these women to her home for lunch. Each one contributed $1 to a charity fund and an organization was born. The charter members stipulated that there would be no dues nor by-laws, and that they would only meet when necessary. Their only objective was to serve the community. They adopted this mission statement:
1203 Lovett Boulevard | Houston, Texas 77006 | P: (713) 529-0995 | F: (713) 529-9263
© Copyright Charity Guild of Catholic Women 2013. Website design by Hunter-McMain, Inc.. All rights reserved.